Looking for the next good deal

Someone needs to stop me before this little hobby of mine gets out of control.

Have you heard of the¬†beauty pageant winner in New Jersey, who was writing bad checks to buy antiques? Yeah, that’s almost exactly like me except my checks are good and I am WAY hotter.

Whats up with the beauty queens in Jersey anyway? One is caught counterfitting $50 bills and another writing bad checks?

So I do my perusing on the internets. Mostly Craigslist. Highly addicting.

It all started when I bought a PSP because I thought I wanted to play video games. I knew I didn’t want to buy a new one because well, they are too fucking expensive. So I’m on craigslist and I see this dude is selling the PSP and all his games for $150 obo.

The OBO (or best offer) is my favorite thing to see on Craigslist. It basically means that the person knows they are not going to get what they want for it and they have accepted defeat. It like saying to someone- “I would really like that last cookie but you go ahead and take it”. Well internets, I am the one who will take that cookie.

That sounded dirty. Taking cookies? What?

So I email PSP dude and pretty much tell him I will pay $100. Sold. The PSP is mine, along with 6 games (none of which were any good, really). At work when we save money by “negotiating” we call that “cost avoidance”. I know what you’re thinking… I’m really great at doing what I do. And you’re right.

Was that dirty too? I’m trying to make this a clean post, I swear.

So about a week later, I decide I don’t really like the PSP. I decide what I really need is an XBOX 360. So I hear about this game store nearby who takes trade in’s and I think- this is good, maybe I can score some other kind of deal here. So I bring my old playstation and the PSP and a combined total of eight games and told the long haired bearded jesus looking hippy who worked there that I needed an XBOX 360. He tells me something like “So, how much do you want for all this stuff.”

You’re going to ask me what I want for the trade in? Sweet. I tell him there’s about $500 worth of shit in that box and he examines everything. He looks at me and then says “I think we can give you about $200 for all of this”. I kind of looked at him, just trying to figure out where the fuck he was coming from. His face kind of looked like a bearded vagina and his eyes were glazed over from a whole morning of smoking the ganja.

“OK.”

So with the trade in, I paid another $50 and got a used XBOX 360, two games and even got the stoner/jesus/vagina to clean it out for me, for free. So now, I dont really want the XBOX anymore and I am trying to flip it to make more profit. I realize that I am not really winning this battle, since I really don’t even like video games. I think it’s closing the deal that excites me.

This post is getting way too long and has absolutely gotten too dirty. I’m going to leave it at that.

25 Responses to “Looking for the next good deal”

1. Click anywhere. « A View From 5280Ft says:

[...] Click anywhere. Published May 11, 2009 Uncategorized 0 Comments I posted about my current bad habit over at my group blog¬†today. [...]

2. Marie says:

Next thing you know you’ll be standing naked asking vagina bearded man how much your clothes will go for.

What? Not true?

3. Holly says:

Nice work! Totally addited to craigslist and love the OBO. My new addiction is remax “Motivated Buyer, bring your offers.” It’s like, “Please take my house, I’ll even accept a twenty.” Then you go in and say all the thing you don’t like about the house and how much it will take to fix it and they are all deflated and I’m feeling better about myself because I stomped on another person to raise my self esteem. Wait, maybe I should stop talking…

4. lbluca77 says:

You can find amazing things on craigslist. Like people to murder you.

5. Chris says:

I kind of miss the days when I liked video games.

6. shine says:

I can’t buy things off of Craig’s List because I’m too scared I’m going to get murdered/conned into sending things to Africa, at which point I will be out $3 million dollars and will probably be tossed into whatever new terrorist prison is going to replace Gitmo, never to see the light of day again, while being ass-raped by two large prison guards.

7. Maxie says:

Damn it. I would have purchased your playstation if it was a PS2.

And by purchase I mean you would give it to me since you owe me shots and I’m not going to get them b/c you’re not going to the chicago meetup.

2 shots = ps2, right?

8. hossfelter says:

Oh I totally keep waiting for work to bluecoat craigslist. I spend 1/2 my day there, you spend 75% of your day there…it’ll be gone in a month :(

9. LA Cochran says:

Close the deal. *pant* *pant* Close the deal.

10. Nickie says:

Xbox 360 is awesome! it’s even more awesome when you have Live..and thats pretty much about it. trust me, someone will buy that xbox for more than it ever should be worth. post it for 250. u should be able to get that much!

ps-im new. i think youve left a comment or two on my blog. =)

11. The P.D.O says:

“got the stoner/jesus/vagina to clean it out for me, for free.” soo much dirty funness in this sentence, i do not know even where to start….

how did you miss that one?! i am gone for what, 3 weeks? get it together man!!!

12. maris says:

My cousin lives across the street from the Craig’s List killer.

Just a fun tidbit there for ya!

13. maris says:

And I mean across the street from where he used to live before he got arrested. Not JAIL.

14. Peter says:

You know, I really don’t like video games either.

I’ve always felt like I should, but…

15. Harna says:

You should forget about the video games because they cause childhood obesity and I heard that’s a bitch if you catch it. You should move to Jersey and become a beauty queen instead. Then you will really go places…like jail.

16. Narm says:

Mmmmmmmm bearded vagina.

Wait, I mean gross!

17. Princess Pointful says:

I’m just in awe that people on Craigslist will drive over to my house to take my shitty stuff for free. I was seriously shocked that anyone wanted an answering machine anymore, let alone like 20 people!

You should have helped me sell it instead of giving it away.

18. Serena says:

I love it when it gets dirty - dont stop!

19. Angela says:

you didn’t try to clean up saying ‘you like closing the deal.’ don’t tell me that one slipped past you.

20. bex says:

Take out the Craigslist and the video games, leave the innuendo.

21. Larissa says:

or u just like instant gratification…you one of those people who when you want something, you have to have it now??

thats a bad habit.

22. alexa - cleveland's a plum says:

i want a PS2 with guitar hero - will you buy it for me?

23. Felisa says:

You were trying to keep this post clean? But why?? :P

You know what new thing you should get? A wii. The hula hoop game and the shake the can game in Mario Party = most awesome innuendos in video game history.

24. Ganja Skateboard says: